The CSA has 2 waterfront areas for use by members – Crystal Lake and Lake Michigan.
Crystal Lake Rules: Crystal is a non-smoking beach
1. Trained lifeguards are on duty between the hours of 1:00 and 5:00 pm, and only when their presence is indicated by a Red Cross flag at the top of the beach flagstaff.
2. All trash must be deposited in the receptacles provided. All disposable diapers must be taken back to your cottage.
3. Bonfires are not permitted on the Crystal Lake Beach except at the designated fire pit below the Crystal View.
4. Dogs and other animals must not be brought onto the beach at any time.
5. Beer and alcoholic beverages are forbidden on the beach.
6. Radios are allowed only with personal earphones.
7. Use of cellphones is strongly discouraged.
Lake Michigan Rules:
1. Everyone must stay off the dunes. .
2. All trash must be places in containers provided or taken back to your cottage.
3. The use of glass containers is prohibited on the beach.
4. Dogs must be on a leash on the CSA Michigan beach and all animal waste must be picked up by the owners for proper disposal.
5. Participants at beach parties are expected to keep noise (radios, voices, singing) at a reasonable and courteous level. Strict quiet hours are posted from 11:00 pm – 8:00 am.
6. No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs or fireworks are allowed on the beach.
7. Fire Rules:
* Firewood may be gathered from the beach or taken down from your cottage supply. It is prohibited to climb the dunes to pull out dead tree roots or other wood for your fire.
* Fire sites are to be established and left for the next group to use again whenever possible.
* Fires must be doused with water prior to abandoning them.